If you have recently moved into an address where there is already an active phone service connected not under your name, you can still join Belong.
If it is identified that your order requires a Proof of Occupancy we will contact you.
Why do I need to show Proof of Occupancy?
As the previous occupant at this address has not arranged for the disconnection of their phone service, we need ‘Proof of Occupancy’ (i.e. proof that you live at your address) to allow us to pursue this matter on your behalf.
In order for Belong to take ownership of the line and allow your connection to proceed, Belong must sight a Proof of Occupancy document to confirm your residence. This authorises Belong to disconnect the existing line on your behalf.
What Proof of Occupancy documents can I provide?
A Proof of Occupancy document can include any one of these:
- Rental Agreement
- Contract of Sale
- Letter of confirmation from a nursing home (on appropriate letter head)
- Statutory declaration* from the new occupant and a utility bill (e.g. rates, power, water)
- Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the bond payment receipt
- Letter from the real estate agent and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Letter from the real estate agent and the bond payment receipt.
Please send through pages which include all these details:
- Full name
- Service Address
- Lease/rental commencement date or settlement date
If you need to provide Proof of Occupancy, scan a copy of the accepted document and email to email@example.com.
- If your name is different to your account details, please include a statutory declaration to explain the difference with supporting information such as Drivers Licence or Marriage Certificate
- A statutory declaration must be signed by an appropriate witness e.g. a Justice of the Peace, police officer, chemist, or medical practitioner.
When will my service be connected?
Once the documents have been received and validated, your service will generally be connected within 10 business days, or on your Requested Connection Date, whichever is later.
Please note that if your Proof of Occupancy documents have not been received within 14 business days of the Requested Connection Date, your order may be withdrawn.
See Moving Home for more information