Setting up your service is easy; your modem will come pre-configured with your Belong account details.
Check out our ADSL set up tutorial video to get you up and running quickly or follow the simple set up instructions below.
Plug it in
- Before you start you’ll need to have received your activation SMS advising your service is now active. If you haven’t received your activation SMS please wait until you have received it before setting up
- Take your items out of the box and make sure you have all of the items outlined in your Quick set up guide
- Note: All devices that connect to the telephone line (i.e. fax machine, fixed phone and modem) need to have a filter. This prevents the internet from interfering with the telephone service and vice versa. We have provided 1 filter in the box. If you need more than one filter, they can be purchased from most computer retailers. If you have more than 3 filters, you should have a central filter installed.
- Plug the power adaptor into a power point, and plug the other end into the back of your modem.
- Turn the power point on and then turn your modem on by pressing the black button on the back. Then, if you have a:
- Technicolour TG797 modem, check the ECO light on the front is red (it may take up to 1 minute to turn solid red)
- Sagemcom F@ST 4315 modem, check the power light on the front is green
- Next, connect one end of the grey phone cable into the filter socket labelled ADSL, and plug the other end into the grey socket labelled DSL on the back of your modem. (Make sure that you’ve plugged the grey phone cable into the ADSL socket on the filter, not the local phone socket)
- Connect the filter cable into the phone socket on your wall.
- After a minute or so you should see the DSL light (or WAN light if you have a Technicolor modem) and Internet light on the front of your modem turn green. They will blink initially and after a few minutes they will turn solid green. If they don’t turn green, turn your modem off and on again.
- Once the power, DSL light (or WAN light if you have a Technicolor modem) and Internet lights on your modem are solid green, you’re ready to connect your devices to the internet!
You can connect to the internet one of two ways, using Wi-FI or an Ethernet cable.
- To connect using Wi-Fi, select the network name that's printed on your Wi-Fi information card
- Now, enter the wireless network key when prompted. (This information is also printed on the back of your modem)
You can connect all of your laptops, tablets, smartphones and other Wi-Fi enabled devices via this method
Congratulations, you've now completed set up!
- To connect via Ethernet, connect one end of the Ethernet cable with the yellow ends into any of the sockets on the back of your modem that are labelled 'LAN'.
- Now plug the other end into your computers network socket
- The Ethernet light on your modem will turn solid green when your computer is connected.
If you've followed these steps and you're still having difficulty connecting, please use our troubleshooting tool.