There are a number of reasons why your technician appointment may have been rescheduled:
- Your availability’s changed and you’ve requested a new appointment date
- The technician is unexpectedly unavailable and has rescheduled your appointment
- The connection of your nbn™ service is more complex than a standard installation, so additional technician work is required before your service can be connected
If any of these scenarios apply to you, we’ll reschedule and book the earliest appointment available with nbn co.
Here’s some useful information to help you prepare for your appointment
- If you live in a multi dwelling complex or apartment building, please speak with the building manager to organise access for the technician to the central termination point for all of the phone services in your complex. They need to gain access to complete the installation of your service.
- If you’re renting and we need to install any equipment, please make sure you’ve got the landlord’s permission before going ahead with the appointment.
On the day of your appointment, please make sure that either you, or somebody over 18 who is authorised to act on your behalf is present during this time.
The technician will be at your address for approximately 1 hour to complete the installation of your nbn™ service. If a new nbn connection box needs to be installed, it takes approximately half a day. If your connection is more complex, additional technician work may be required and you’ll need another appointment.