Check out our Belong on the NBN FTTB/FTTN set up tutorial video to get you up and running quickly or follow the simple set up instructions below.
- Before you start you’ll need to have received your activation SMS advising your service is now active. If you haven’t received your activation SMS please wait until you have received it before setting up.
- Take your items out of the box and make sure you have all of the items listed in your Quick Set Up guide.
Plug it in
- Locate the black nbn Connection box inside your home. Check that all the lights are green.
- Turn to the back of your modem. Plug the black power adaptor (2) into a power point and connect the other end to your modem.
- Turn on the modem (1) by pressing the black power button) and turn on the switch at the wall. Check that the power light on the front of the modem is green.
- Take the white Ethernet cable with red ends (4) and plug one end into the WAN socket on the back of your modem.
- Plug the other end of the white Ethernet cable with red ends into the square socket (labelled UNI-D1) of your nbn Connection box.
- The Internet light will start off blinking for a number of minutes. The WAN light will start off solid green. Your service will connect at any point.
You can connect to the internet using your Belong service in one of two ways, using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
- To connect using Wi-Fi, select the network name that's printed on your Wi-Fi information card.
- Now, enter the wireless network key when prompted. (This information is also printed on the back of your modem).
You can connect all of your laptops, tablets, smartphones and other Wi-Fi enabled devices via this method.
- To connect via Ethernet, connect one end of the Ethernet cable with the yellow ends into any of the sockets on the back of your modem that are labelled 'LAN'.
- Now plug the other end into your computers network socket.
- The Ethernet light on your modem will turn solid green when your computer is connected.
Congratulations, you've now completed set up!
Set up Troubleshooting
If you've followed these steps and you're still having difficulty connecting, please complete this troubleshooting.