Check out our NBN set up tutorial to get you up and running quickly or follow the simple set up instructions below.
If you have NBN equipment in your home, follow the below set up video:
If you don't have NBN equipment at your home, or you are on FTTB/FTTN, follow the below set up video:
To help you identify your NBN equipment, here is a picture of the typical NBN equipment found inside and outside your home.
NBN equipment found inside and outside your home
- Before you start you’ll need to have received your activation SMS advising your service is now active. If you haven’t received your activation SMS please wait until you have received it before setting up
- Take your items out of the box and make sure you have all of the items outlined in your Quick set up guide
Plug it in
- Locate your NBN connection box. If there is a cover on your NBN connection box, first remove the cover by pressing the two clips at the base (either together or one at a time); then lift the cover at an angle to remove (see image below). If there is no cover, proceed to Step 2
FTTP NTD Connection Box
HFC Connection Box
NBN Connection Box
- Check that the power and optical lights on your NBN connection box are both displaying green. If they are not green, please contact us.
- Plug the black power adaptor into a power point, and connect the other end to the port on the back of your Belong modem
- Turn the power point on and then turn your modem on by pressing the black button on the back. Then if you have a:
• Technicolour TG797 modem check the ECO light on the front is red (it may take up to 1 minute for the light to turn solid red)
• Sagemcom F@ST 4315 modem check the power light on the front is green
- Next, take the Ethernet cable with red ends, and plug it into the socket labelled WAN on the back of your modem
- Refer back to your activation SMS and check which UNI-D socket your service has been activated on. Now locate that UNI-D socket on your NBN Connection Box and plug in the other end of the Ethernet cable with red ends
- After a minute or so, you should see the WAN light and Internet light on the front of your modem turn green. The internet light will flash green and the WAN will turn solid green.
- Once the Power light (or ECO light if you have a Technicolour TG797 modem), Internet light and WAN light on your modem are green, you’re ready to connect your devices to the internet!
You can connect to the internet with your Belong service one of two ways, using Wi-FI or an Ethernet cable.
- To connect using Wi-Fi, select the network name that's printed on your Wi-Fi information card
- Now, enter the wireless network key when prompted. (This information is also printed on the back of your modem)
You can connect all of your laptops, tablets, smartphones and other Wi-Fi enabled devices via this method
- To connect via Ethernet, connect one end of the Ethernet cable with the yellow ends into any of the sockets on the back of your modem that are labelled ‘LAN’.
- Now plug the other end into your computers network socket
- The Ethernet light on your modem will turn solid green when your computer is connected.
Congratulations, you've now completed set up!
Set up Troubleshooting
If you've followed these steps and you're still having difficulty connecting, please complete this troubleshooting.